Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I am married to my stepson mother and we all live together

Customer Question

I am married to my stepson mother and we all live together and I solely provide for the child. We like to travel out of the country and we want to get him a passport so he can travel with us. My stepson has no dealing with father nor does his bio. father pay child support or do anything for him. We just want to get him a passport
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Unless the bio father has relinquished his parental rights by some sort of Court Order, then you are required to get his permission and he will need to sign the documents for a passport.

Unless

1 - The Mother can show proof of a Court Order granting her sole Legal and Physical Custody OR

2 - She will need to use this FORM AT THIS LINK for EXIGENT/SPECIAL FAMILY CIRCUMSTANCES

When the Mother goes to apply for the passport, then she will tell the clerk that she does not know where the Father is and he has not been able to be located for ever how long it has been

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you