How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19027
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a court order stating a default judgement was

Customer Question

I received a court order stating a default judgement was filed. i was only one payment behind. How can I answer this petition. because it is not in default and I don't want to pay the entire balance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Could you clarify?

How can you receive an Order from the Court regarding a Default Judgment for being one payment behind?

A Default Judgment only means that a lawsuit was filed against you and you failed to file an answer within the deadline for responding to the complaint. Is this what happened in your case?