Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

I'm still in an abuseive domestic partnership she's given me

Customer Question

I'm still in an abuseive domestic partnership she's given me a 60 day notice she about 4years ago obtained a restraining order it was lifted can she reinstate it at this time
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

She can request a new restraining order based on events that occurred after the restraining order was lifted. She would not be able to reinstate the order that has been lifted if there hasn't been any violence that supports the order. If your partner is being abusive toward you, you have the ability to file your own restraining order.

Here are some additional resources for victims of domestic violence. If your partner has access to your computer, be sure to clear this conversation from the history and open a private browsing session before you open the links.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1260.htm