Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

My husband and I separated three years ago, he has not

Customer Question

My husband and I separated three years ago, he has not followed the stipulated visitation or been paying the support agreed upon. Now he has moved without notifying me and the kids. Right after registering the kids in the school district of his apartment (as our home is in a less desireable district) now the kids could face expulsion for false residency. He is ignoring the kids phone calls and texts. He has not told me anything. I have been a stay at home Mom for over 12 years. I discovered he has drained the 401k which I thought was frozen untill our division of assets. Should I file a missing persons report? Should I file for spousal desertion and abandonment as he has destroyed my ability to obtain any credit and all accounts are in his name. Should I file for child endangerment and abandonment and seek to modify custody to sole?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

We're only able through this site to explain what a person's options might be, based on the facts they've presented. We unfortunately cannot tell you what you should do, because that would be providing legal advice, not information. Did you still want an answer to your questions?

Also, how long has it been since you or the kids had any contact with your husband? What is the current custody arrangement? What makes you think he might be missing, as opposed to just not responding?