Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

I have two grand daughters who were sexually abused by their

Customer Question

I have two grand daughters who were sexually abused by their father. He is in jail with a million dollar bond. The girls are 15 and 13 . They are in counseling weekly. The father will be facing trial soon the mother was informed that the girls will be required to be in open court to testify against their father. Can these girls testify by way of tv from the judges chamber? The oldest is petrified of her father and fears he will harm her more.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Oh, good grief. I am sorry that your children are being forced to be there in person. Since they are already sexual abuse victims, you can indeed speak to the attorney (or rather speak to the mother who will speak to the attorney) and request accommodations. Such a request is very reasonable under the circumstances, and therefore it is likely to be granted.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.