Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I have a 14 year old son who has Mild Autism/Nos-ADHD ..

Customer Question

Hi I have a 14 year old son who has Mild Autism/Nos-ADHD .. Very high functioning in regular school and in regular classes my husband and I applied for life insurance for him.. And we got got denied because they said he has ADHD.. Is this Legal?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, each company can set their own parameters for qualification, but ADHD is not a life threatening condition so I find that odd. I am afraid though there is no law mandating a life insurance company has to insure anyone they choose, so it is not illegal for a company to refuse to insure someone.