KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Lawyer and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience practicing law.
8989662

My husband forged my name to a business he opened and

Customer Question

My husband forged my name to a business he opened and refuses to share any monies or information about the business. He is expensing everything and paying his children huge amounts of for working in the business. He hs done this for over 3 yrs and paying his childrens personal taxes thru the business. I filed for divorce and he refuses to give my attroney disclosure of fininaces.. Do I have to sue him thru cival court? He cheated on me and I found him in a hotel room with anotehr woman and when I refused to let him back in the house he called police . He has generated over 500,000 in revenue in one year and gives me nothing. He lives at my house and does not pay rent. What are my rights?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

Sorry to hear about your situation. You do have rights here.

Forging your name on the business documents is a serious criminal offense. A felony actually in most states. This you can report to the police by filing and incident report. Then the police and district attorney will decide whether to bring criminal charges, and you don't have to do anything more.

Well if you already filed for divorce, then you are in the right court to handle this. You don't need to file any other separate action. If he won't give your attorney his financial disclosures, then you should file a motion for contempt of court, and ask the judge to force him to do so. If not, the judge can actually send him to jail.

In terms of financial support for you, you should be able to get payments from him, including consideration of this new income that he has, and the judge will take into consideration all sorts of factors and decide how much is appropriate for you to receive.

If you own the house and he is living there, you have the right to ask him to leave. If he doesn't pay rent then he isn't a tenant, and just a guest, and you can ask him to leave. If he does not you can legally evict him. That's nuts that he is living there and making that much money and not contributing.

I think you will be ok, you just have to move forward quickly in the divorce proceeding and get yourself some checks coming in from him.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Kim

Hello, I just want you to know that I am logged in, if you have any follow up questions about my answer above.

If not, please go ahead and close out the question with positive feedback. This will keep the system from keeping your money, and will give me credit for my work with you.

Thank you!

Kim

Hi, just a reminder, please close out the question with a 4 or 5 rating so that I get credit for my work with you.

Best of luck,

Kim

Hello again,

I see that this question still needs to be closed. Please close out the question with a 4 or 5 rating. If you don't, the system may keep your money and I won't get paid for my work with you.

Take care,

Kim

I need to close out this question.

If you don't rate a 4 or 5 and close the question, the system may keep your money and I won't get paid for my work with you.

Thanks for taking care of this,

Kim