Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
26798026

In the year 2000, I signed a prenuptial agreement with my

Customer Question

in the year 2000, I signed a prenuptial agreement with my now ex-husband stating that our home at that time would not be half of mine if we were to divorce. However, i was threatened by me ex's parents when i signed the papers (duress) At that time, my ex husband and his fathers names were both on the deed of the house. A year after we had gotten married, my ex sold the house to my ex father in law for a dollar, in order to remove his name from the deed. I know this was over 14 years ago but i was wondering if theres anything i could do or if I'm entitled to any money on the sale of the house now?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Was your name on the deed before it was transferred to your father-in-law? Did you sign the deed? How much time has passed since the divorce?