socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

QUADRO ON ANNUITY STILL NOT COMPLETE 5 MONTHS AFTER DIVORCE.

Customer Question

QUADRO ON ANNUITY STILL NOT COMPLETE 5 MONTHS AFTER DIVORCE. QUADRO DIRECTIVE WRITTEN INTO DIVORCE DECREE. I AM PUSHING FOR THIS TO BE FILED THROUGH MY ATTORNEY AND QUADRO OFFICE.STILL NOT READ BY PRIMARY ATTORNEY. I AM CONCERNED THAT THIS MAY BE COME AN ISSUE.
I AM TOLD NOT TO WORRY. I AM WORRIED REGARDLESS. PLEASE ADVISE.JILL
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When can I anticipate response? Thank you,Jill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bottomline.... Quadro not finished. Divorced final May 2015. I have concerns re timeliness of process. Thanks.Joll
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

The legal term is "QDRO" (Qualified Domestic Relations Order). It's fairly typical for a QDRO to be drafted and presented after the divorce judgment is final. This is especially true where the participant spouse (the one whose retirement plan is being divided) is not yet close to retirement age -- because, until retirement (or death), the benefits cannot be received, even though the QDRO is filed and served on the employer's retirement plan administrator.

That's said, you can certainly ask your attorney to tell you when the QDRO will be completed and filed with the court. If the answer is more than 30 days, then you may want to consider hiring a different law firm.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!