Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I have a grandson my son who is deceased only child he has

Customer Question

I have a grandson my son who is deceased only child he has exstream ezema his mother is not doctoring him with the med he stays with me on the weekend I doc him and he looks better when he comes back he is always worse I got a phone call from his school he fell and busted his lip they didn't have the correct info to contact his mother is this considered neg and what can I do about she is living in her mothers house with her boyfriend
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this situation for your son.

Yes, it could be considered negligent, if you can show the Mother is not providing any medications that may have been prescribed for him.

If you want to change the custody, you can consider filing a Modification to the current custody order and have the court consider if it is in the child's best interest to be with you as the custodial parent. You would need to show the court that you have the better living environment for him.

You can file such a Modification on your own, without a local attorney. And you can get the packet of documents to file the modification from the clerk of the court where the current order has been issued.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you