Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
18321761

My boyfriend and I got in an argument and both recieved a

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I got in an argument and both recieved a citation for Assault by Contact. Neither of us want to pursue and would like this off records and taken care of immediately. This must be accomplished on or before September 16, 2015...help...
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

You posted this in family law, but this looks to be a criminal citation.

If so, while you could probably each agree to drop against the other on your court date before the judge, the arrest would appear on your criminal record. To keep this off your record in the first place, you'd have to both get your attorneys to see the DA and try to resolve it before the case is filed with the court. If the DA is not agreeable to that and you both must appear in court, once your matters are mutually dismissed, you'd have to get your records expunged.