Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Can you provide a very accurate Child support calculation

Customer Question

Can you provide a very accurate Child support calculation for me (who would do this for me)? I am going through a divorce and have 2 toddlers. My wife is a teacher who makes 78000 and I make 110000. I will have 40% and she has them 60%. My wife wants so
much money that I will not even be able to eat. I will have bills of 4500 and only bring in 6400, she wants 1600 in child support.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Have you tried to run the numbers using Worksheet B at

http://www.dhr.state.md.us/CSOCGuide/App/selectWorksheet.do

If you do not have shared custody you would use Worksheet A.

I cannot do this for you without knowing the monthly incomes and the date of birth each child and the name of the County, but I think you can answer your question using the above link.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but this is not helpful, I have used the worksheet and I am not sure how accurate the number is. Patrick Fischer is 9/11/10 and Claire is 9/2/2012. I (Martin A Fischer) have the kids 40% and my income is 110000, my wife (Megan L Fischer) has the kids 60% and makes 77,000. I was looking for a detailed answer because it won't work otherwise. If you can please provide something that would answer the question fully, I would really appreciate your knowledge and assistance. Please and thank you,
Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also it's Montgomery County MD
Thanks so much
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also daycare is included in child support for that calculation correct?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR.

We are forbidden from making any calculations for customers, that can be deemed representation and forbidden by state law. However, here is a fairly accurate calculator to use in addition to the resource my colleague provided above: http://www.childsupporthq.com/maryland-child-support-calculator.html

Daycare is a separate expense that is used as part of the calculation and determination of child support in MD.