Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

My wife is my 100% support, as I am a disabled veteran. She

Customer Question

my wife is my 100% support, as I am a disabled veteran. She abandoned me, and as I told her she was about to be given a divorce proceding, she quit her job and moved to Texas. this happened this week and now I am 3 weeks away from having to abandoning my home and personal property because she said i had till the end of september before rent is due.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
being 100% disabled she knows I am unable to effect a move, and she knew i had 400 dollars in my account.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to call Adult Protection Services for her abandoning your care and support, since that could be considered abuse. Furthermore, you are entitled to an attorney being disabled so you need to contact your local legal aid office and also the state bar and inform them you are 100% disabled and have been financially abandoned by your spouse, who has a legal duty to support you under the law, and they will take up your representation.

Adult Protection will step in and make sure you are properly cared for in the meantime while you pursue the divorce and support case against your wife.