How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 115478
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is my 100% support, as I am a disabled veteran. She

Customer Question

my wife is my 100% support, as I am a disabled veteran. She abandoned me, and as I told her she was about to be given a divorce proceding, she quit her job and moved to Texas. this happened this week and now I am 3 weeks away from having to abandoning my home and personal property because she said i had till the end of september before rent is due.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
being 100% disabled she knows I am unable to effect a move, and she knew i had 400 dollars in my account.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to call Adult Protection Services for her abandoning your care and support, since that could be considered abuse. Furthermore, you are entitled to an attorney being disabled so you need to contact your local legal aid office and also the state bar and inform them you are 100% disabled and have been financially abandoned by your spouse, who has a legal duty to support you under the law, and they will take up your representation.

Adult Protection will step in and make sure you are properly cared for in the meantime while you pursue the divorce and support case against your wife.