KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Lawyer and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience practicing law.
8989662

If a judge grants an adoption and it is a closed adoption.

Customer Question

If a judge grants an adoption and it is a closed adoption. Can he 15 months later change his decision? Can he refuse to recuse himself if he was the judge in the original adoption?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

I am not sure that I understand your situation. The judge that did the adoption would not have a conflict of interest necessarily in handling the matter in the future. In fact, he may be the most appropriate.

The judge can't reverse his decision on his own without some sort of court action, so I am not sure what you refer to there.

Kim

Hello, this is Kim.

I wanted to let you know that I am logged in today, if you have any questions about my answer above.

Take care,
Kim

Hello, just letting you know I am logged in today, if you would like to ask any follow up questions or close out the question so I get credit for my work with you.

Thanks!
Kim