Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

My wife filed in October 2007 and took me to court. She owed

Customer Question

My wife filed for divorce in October 2007 and took me to court for years. She owed me half of the debt that I spent...approx US$26k and I haven't been paid. Furthermore, there was $30,000 lien on the house that my parents placed. She owes me back child support of $1800 and she was over paid of $15,000 in child support because she went to 2 states.
There is a distribution award of $28k dated Nov 2009 (after she remarried) that she was supposed to receive but the other equal distribution outweighed this.
She received the house and was supposed to take me off the mortgage and ruined my credit. I have a 16 year old son now who is doing well and making A's. He was abused by his stepfather.
Furthermore, the Judge broke several laws the above distrubtion inceased by $2k for no reason.
I thought there was a statuate of limitations for equitable distribtuon and I just received a letter from her attorney in the mail.
My son and I have been through a lot of stress and I can't take it anymore. I am broke after 8 years of fighting.
Please advise....thanks..
I just received a letter
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Questions My Account LogoutJustAnswer10 September 2015 02:12
My wife filed for divorce in October 2007...
My wife filed for divorce in October 2007 and took me to court for years. She owed me half of the debt that I spent...approx US$26k and I haven't been paid. Furthermore, there was $30,000 lien on the house that my parents placed. She owes me back child support of $1800 and she was over paid of $15,000 in child support because she went to 2 states. There is a distribution award of $28k dated Nov 2009 (after she remarried) that she was supposed to receive but the other equal distribution outweighed this. She received the house and was supposed to take me off the mortgage and ruined my credit. I have a 16 year old son now who is doing well and making A's. He was abused by his stepfather. Furthermore, the Judge broke several laws the above distrubtion inceased by $2k for no reason. I thought there was a statuate of limitations for equitable distribtuon and I just received a letter from her attorney in the mail. My son and I have been through a lot of stress and I can't take it anymore. I am broke after 8 years of fighting. Please advise....thanks.. I just received a letter.Also, she didn't deliver the dining room furniture valued at $4500 and cost me a $125K/yer job. Moreover, $17,000 was my own money prior to the marriage.. Some of the attorneys and the Jude are no longer there due to me fighting my case and there is a court document stating the court and my ex spouse cost me my job..10 September 2015 02:12
Experts are reviewing your question. You'll get a response here, by email, and by text message - often in 10 minutes or less and always within a day.
+ Add files
Rather talk than type?
Switch to a live phone call with the family lawyer.
See other ways this family lawyer can help
Your conversation is covered by our Disclaimer.As seen on... Entrepreneur
Forbes
The Wall Street Journal
Fox Business
Tech Crunch
San Francisco Business Times
A satisfied
customer says:
"I won the case! Your response gave me the courage and confidence to go into yesterday's audit ready to fight."
- Raymond Y.
Stay connectedUsing JustAnswer
How it works
Meet the professionals
The JustAnswer® PromiseCustomer Care
Help FAQs
Terms of Service
Privacy & Security
Contact UsGet to Know Us
About JustAnswer
Press room
Careers
Become an ExpertRead Our BlogGet helpful articles and daily answers from the Wisdom Wire.TRUSTe online privacy certification
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If she owes you money and she has not complied with terms as you stated above, you need to be the one filing a motion for an order to show cause for contempt to get the court to hear what she has not paid or what she owes you and get the court to make her pay. Also, if the judge violated any of the laws, when that happened you had to appeal and if you did not appeal then, it is too late to appeal now.

So you need to focus on what she has not paid that she owes you and how she has violated the court order and you need to file a motion for an order to show cause for contempt of court and get the court to enforce the order as written (there is no statute of limitations on a court order of this nature).