Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was wrong. it was'nt disability. it is s retirement

Customer Question

i was wrong. it was'nt disability. it is his retirement from TMRS. This is the only income he gets
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

She can get half of whatever was accrued during the marriage. For example, if he has $10 in the pension plan, and $6 of that accrued while they were married, then she can get $3, i.e. half of the $6 which accrued during marriage.

Of course, he can get half of her pension accrued during marriage, too (if any). What I mean is that the total amount of BOTH parties pension that accrued during marriage is split into two, with each party receiving half.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.