Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

II'm pretty sure I need help. I have a child that I have

Customer Question

II'm pretty sure I need help. I have a child that I have I raised on my own... Now that her biological dad has decided to step up an be a part of her life.. He signed acknolowledgment of paternity this past March on her 5th bday(and was finally placed
on her birth certificate Buc he fell off the face of the earth when I wasv6 mnths pregnant and was not at hospital to sign certificate). I have always let him see her without any type of court order.. He had not paid child support and now all of the sudden
the attorney general wants us both in court sep. 22. I have never asked for money from him I raised my daughter on my own,however, the attorney general was flagged when he signed the acknowledgement of paternity... We have BOTH been served w papers to appear
in court on the22nd....well his mom and believe it or not MYMOM have turned against me..they have been threatening to do whatever they can to take my daughter from me if the father ends up having to pay child support.. We live in Texas and it's the law but
for some reason they all think I'm trying to get more money... He hasn't been sending any money... He wants the rights to our daughter but not the financial responsibility..... Ok so my problem is my mom has totally been nasty and hateful to me... I cut off
communication w her Bc of how mean she was being thinking that I wanted more money.... That is furthest from the truth.. My daughter and have been fine for the 1st 4 years of her life alone...it's all lies my mom and the fathers mom is making up even threatening
to try thei best to take my daughter from me all Bc the father has never paid child support and attorney general is not going for that.... But my fault somehow... My issue is my high level of anxiety about all of this (my poor daughter having to hear this
from the other side of family... All their threats of taking my daughter away from me,,,I have totally lost my mothers relationship Bc she takes the fathers side for some reason... The father also works for my moms company...) I am so sad and upset about the
loss of my mothers support..I stopped communicating with her the day she accused me of causing the attorney general getting involved. The mother of my daughters dad sends me awful harassing threatening text messages threatening to try to take my daughter away
from me ... I'm under a lot of heartbreak from my moms sudden abandonment... Anytime someone threatens anything about your child it is devastating. As I type this now this is 1 of many many night I can't sleep Bc I'm so anxious and stressed about this whole
situation. My anxiety is overwhelming and my numerous sleepless nights are Erving me insane.... My family practice doctor prescribed Pexeva for anxiety and depression...but seriously I don't feel the benefits and this has been for about 6 months...the sleep
is a major concern..I've been prescribed lunesta 6mg and that really didn't help me fall asleep or even stay asleep...I've been prescribed temanzapen 30mg for a couple months.... But for like the 7th night in a row I'm laying here once again with sleep stressing
about having to get up in like 2 hours early and teach my 7th graders Math....the anxiety and sleepless nights are truly waring me out....I feel so helpless and alone...nothing over the counter or any all natural herbs have NOT worked at all.... Some even
made me feel crazy!!! Please help I know I need to get into a psychiatrist about all of this, but I live in a small town and there are no psychiatrist in this area... The closest town from where I live (Dayton tx 77535) is like Houston.... I'm a teacher and
just don't know I could get there on time for an appointment... I am desperatley seeking advise...my anxiety is just out of control which in turn is not helping me with sleep.... I probably go 3 out of 5 days of work without ever sleeping at night...sounds
like bipolar but truly without sleep I can't function the next day....please help I feel so alone and confused the anxiety and all the sleepless nights are completely exhausting:( Thank you for listening... I'm a teacher..single mother ..working full time
I have never been this stressed or experience this type of sleeplessness...I have to get up for worhpk in 2 Hours and once again sit here watching the time pass...I'm in serious need for something to control my anxiety and depression Asa well as sleep... I'm
always exhausted each day Bc of not not sleeping.....I'm desperate for sleep....HELP... Thank you ***** *****(###) ###-####**@******.***
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello Alicia

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

I can only answer what you ask. And so you are concerned the Father is going to somehow be able to get full and sole legal and physical custody of your daughter even though you have raised her on your own?

Why would you think that would be possible?