How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31601
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have joint legal and physical custody of my son. My

Customer Question

I have joint legal and physical custody of my son. My previous attorney sent a letter to my son's doctor stating that I do not consent to him being treated there. The doctor's office sent a letter to me saying that they would treat him there anyway with only the consent of his mother.
What recourse do I have?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The only thing you could do is file a petition to hold the mother in contempt of court IF the standing order requires that you both make these decisions.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The court really has no jurisdiction over the doctor's office as it is not/has not been a part of the pending litigation between you and the mother. But, the court can get to the mother and that's really a lot easier than filing a new lawsuit against the doctor's office for an injunction/tro anyway.....and in order to be able to do that, you'd have to first establish that the mother is in contempt by brining the child there in the first place.

Related Family Law Questions