Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have joint legal and physical custody of my son. My

Customer Question

I have joint legal and physical custody of my son. My previous attorney sent a letter to my son's doctor stating that I do not consent to him being treated there. The doctor's office sent a letter to me saying that they would treat him there anyway with only the consent of his mother.
What recourse do I have?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The only thing you could do is file a petition to hold the mother in contempt of court IF the standing order requires that you both make these decisions.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The court really has no jurisdiction over the doctor's office as it is not/has not been a part of the pending litigation between you and the mother. But, the court can get to the mother and that's really a lot easier than filing a new lawsuit against the doctor's office for an injunction/tro anyway.....and in order to be able to do that, you'd have to first establish that the mother is in contempt by brining the child there in the first place.