socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Can your spouce put restrictions on a joint banking ie not

can your spouce put restrictions on a joint banking ie not allowing to transfer or make with draws and transfers with aurthrization frm him?

If it's a joint account, then there is no way that one joint account holder can control the use of the account, without the other account holder's express written authorization to the bank.

Either it's not really a joint account, or someone is lying to you about the account status.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the accounts both investment and savings as well we have command accounts both names are ***** ***** investments and accounts asso.with the check cards he had put a limit on the amount that i was able toget out from atm per day!he has his investment adviser puts limits (we are nearing a finalization of a divorce but the accounts are still in both names!! he is empty out the joint accounts and putting some in his own name and other money is just not there?how do i get money that is in both our names and if not what actions should i take? i truly apperiate your help he has been lying to me and he has been taking money and putting it either with one of his family members?

You would have to ask the court to order your spouse to account for and return the money. You would need an emergency order. I suggest that you talk to your attorney -- and if you do not have an attorney, then you need to hire one immediately -- because this is not something that you can do by yourself in court.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

If you would like to consult via phone, it will have to wait until morning. My family strongly disapproves of my engaging in business calls in the middle of the night. I hope you understand.

I will send you an additional services offer, and you can accept or decline at your convenience.

Sorry for the delay. Please follow the instructions in the services offer response. Thanks for using Justanswer!