Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I have been in a custody battle in OK years. I was finally

Customer Question

I have been in a custody battle in OK for 3 years. I was finally getting my normal parenting time when my ex pulled a bunch of crazy stuff and refused to let me see my daughter again. The judge suspended visits for 60 days with the order for her to get it together and turned around and be willing to resume visits. She cancelled the last court date and then my attorney moved. Now I havent seen my daughter in many months and have no money for an attorney. I feel like I'm forced to sign her over for her stepdad to adopt but with a*****battle of me doing everything asked and continuing to fight, will a judge grant it?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you do not want to give up your parental rights and your right to visit with your child, do not let your ex bully you to do so. Once you do that, your entire battle is over and you no longer have any rights. You ask if a judge will allow it, yes if you agree to the step parent adoption, the judge will indeed approve it even though you have been fighting.

If you object to the step parent adoption and you show the court that the ex is fabricating reasons and is the cause of you not being able to see your child, the court will typically not approve the step parent adoption and you bear the burden of showing how it is not in the best interests of the child.

This is an important matter for you, I know funds are tight, but it is one that is most important and as such one you need to get another attorney involved in.