Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

I am in New Jersey but live in Puerto Rico. My ex boyfriend

Customer Question

I am in New Jersey but live in Puerto Rico. My ex boyfriend has a warrant in Puerto Rico and he is threatening me and I am scared can I contact someone to arrest him and take him back to Puerto rico
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

If ex is in NJ and you know where he is, you can call the police and file a formal complaint against him for the threats and when the police contact him, they will run his background, see the warrant, and then arrest him and hold him in custody until PR decides whether it wants to extradite him to face any charges there. This normally takes about a month because it has to go through the respective Governors of both states.

.

.

thanks