How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34849
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in New Jersey but live in Puerto Rico. My ex boyfriend

Customer Question

I am in New Jersey but live in Puerto Rico. My ex boyfriend has a warrant in Puerto Rico and he is threatening me and I am scared can I contact someone to arrest him and take him back to Puerto rico
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.


If ex is in NJ and you know where he is, you can call the police and file a formal complaint against him for the threats and when the police contact him, they will run his background, see the warrant, and then arrest him and hold him in custody until PR decides whether it wants to extradite him to face any charges there. This normally takes about a month because it has to go through the respective Governors of both states.





Related Family Law Questions