Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Lawyer
Experience:  I have 25 years experience as a Washington State Family Law Attorney.
34978818

New York Law has moved from 18 to 21. This is on the New

Customer Question

New York Law has moved from 18 to 21. This is on the New York Child Support FAQs..Do you know when this went into effect? my last question to you was when she finishes high school and takes a break before she goes to collage or decides not to go to collage
does her father still have to pay the child support till she is 21...I know that if she decides to go to collage that the tuition fees get paid to the collage and not me...
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Seattle Scott replied 1 year ago.

I now see references back in 2006 to the NY age 21 rule, so it has been around at least since then.

When the law was first changed, moving the support from 18 to 21, doesn't matter because the law was changed before support terminated as to your daughter