Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My boys are 13 and 11 and I have physical placement. past

Customer Question

My boys are 13 and 11 and I have physical placement. For the past few years they have not wanted to go with their dad over the weekends or long trips. There was an abuse case and their dad was indicated for abuse but he was able to appeal it because my lawyer did not act in a timely manner. They do not get along with their dad and do not want to see him on a weekly basis. Do They have to right to stay with me when they want?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

No, they do not.

You need to go to Court and file Complaint for Modification of Custody and Visitation and request for changes that you want the Court to act on. Your case would be scheduled for a hearing and the Court would make a decision after hearing from the parties including your boys.