FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I live in Johnstown PA. My EX girlfriend wont leave my home.

Customer Question

I live in Johnstown PA. My EX girlfriend wont leave my home. Ian leaving for a Job out of town and want her gone
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. Contrary to what she says, you can make her leave. If it is your home and you no longer want her living there, you can ask that she vacate. Since she was residing there, she does need to be given the proper written notice and if she fails to vacate after the time expires, then you can proceed through the court to evict her. This is a civil matter, not criminal, so the police can not be called an you can not use self help to get her out. If you did, she could turn around and sue you. Now, if you are leaving for a job and she will not leave, that poses another problem, if you do not trust her there alone, so if you are leaving in the net few days, you will not be able to file and have the matter heard by then.