How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael J, Esq. Your Own Question
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3426
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Michael J, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I file will I have to start supporting myself?

Customer Question

If I file for separation will I have to start supporting myself?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Usually, when a couple enters into a legal separation, they will also enter into a separation agreement which will take care of things like custody, alimony, and the separation of property. If you have been married for a reasonable amount of time, you may be entitled to support from your spouse. This is something an experienced family law attorney in your town can work through with you before you file.

I hope this helps!

If you valued my time, please consider rating me positively at the top of the page. Experts don't get credit for our answers unless you do. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Michael, there is some confusion. This is not my question. Somebody else is handling my question on JustAnswer.