How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116140
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was. sick. needed. assistant. from. brother He. became

Customer Question

I was. sick. needed. assistant. from. brother He. became legal guardian. Then. turn over. to. court appointed. guardian. because. he. couldn't receive my. daughter 's. benefits l. thought. he. was. sincere. No. medical. attention. was sort. by. him, guardian. On. august. 22nd. here. in. Washington. Dc. at. 14th and. I. St nw. with the. help of the. Secret. Sevice. Police , Local
Fire Department and Paramedic's. i. was. able. to .get. the. mental help. my. 44yrs. of.
age. needed. She had. been. living. in. the. park. This. information. my. brother kept. from. me. Now. was. incarnated. for. one. year for an. assault. charge discharge july 21 2014. :Am. doing fine. I.want. my. brother. completely. removed. And. i. assit. with. guardianship
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In order to remove a legal guardian you have to go to the court that made him legal guardian and file a motion to terminate/modify guardianship and you need to ask the court to completely remove him and appoint you as co-guardian with an independent court appointed guardian instead. This is not a complicated motion, you simply need to file it in the court and present your proof of his conduct of not acting properly as a guardian and the court will order the guardian removed.

If you cannot afford a local attorney to represent you to do this, the local legal aid office will assist you in getting this motion filed and getting your brother removed.

Related Family Law Questions