Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have been married 4 years. I asked my wife 4 days after

Customer Question

I have been married for almost 4 years. I asked my wife for divorce 4 days after getting naturalized because of accumulating stress due to her financial court cases from previous marriage I didn't know about till few weeks of me getting served in my house regarding thus matter. Also she changed her job location which required her to be gone for 3-4 days a wk as she is a flight attendant.I had to post my properties for sale not to get attached because of her financial problems with a bank in new York.
But Also, several months before me naturalization I was on a dating web site talking to other women considering divorcing my wife and remarry due to emotional stress. I realized this wasn't the best thing for me so I closed my account and didn't talk or meet any women for several weeks before my citizenship interview. After we got legally separated my wife is sending my old correspondences with other women along with a note that I asked for divorce to the Ins for investigations, knowing
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

What is your legal question for me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been married for almost 4 years. I asked my wife for divorce 4 days after getting naturalized. I asked for divorce because of accumulating stress due to her lawsuit for mortgage problems from previous marriage I didn't know about till few weeks of me getting served in my house regarding this matter. Also she changed her job location which required her to be gone for 3-4 days a wk as she is a flight attendant without discussing it with me.I had to post my properties for sale to avoid the possibility of getting attached because of her financial problems with the mortgage bank in new York.
But Also, several months before my naturalization I was on a dating web site talking to other women considering divorcing my wife and remarry due to emotional stress. I realized this wasn't the best thing for me so I closed my account and didn't talk or meet any women for several weeks before my citizenship interview, I have never cheated on my wife or been on any physical adultery with anyone. After we got legally separated my wife is sending my old correspondences with other women to INS along with a note that I asked for divorce 4 days after naturalization. But the truth is we have discussed it several times before my citizenship interview. We have been truly in happy marriage for almost 4 years. we lived together, traveled together, started my pharmacy business together. bought three properties together here and in Egypt. now she is accusing me that I had the intention to divorce her and I only married her for citizenship. Despite the fact that I'm a pharmacist came to usa on H1 visa, my green card was process under my employer and was pending for approval already (thirst and last step) when I first applied with her. the reason I applied for her was that we wanted to be albe to travel together quickly to meed family in Egypt. My question is does she have good reasons for INS to revoke my naturalization as she threatening me ?
Thank you,
Eslam

Thank you for your follow up.

It appears that your question is related to immigration law, so I will opt out and will move your question to our Immigration Law category.

Thank you and good luck!

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Revocation of naturalization is a very serious matter. Your naturalization cannot be revoked solely based on your wife sending your old notes to INS. There must be more. Before your naturalization can be revoked, USCIS must prove the following: (1) that you misrepresented or concealed some facts; (2) that the misrepresentation or concealment was willful; (3) that the misrepresented or concealed fact or facts were material; (4) that you procured citizenship as a result of the misrepresentation or concealment. In other words, USCIS must prove that you lied in your application for naturalization and at your naturalization interview before your naturalization can be revoked. If you did not misrepresent facts during the naturalization process, then USCIS cannot revoke your naturalization.