Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
18210975

I red an attorney at a flat rate to handle my legal

Customer Question

I hired an attorney at a flat rate to handle my legal separation agreement. I ended up with what is titled consent judgement. It divided the property assets, marital assets, and allowed for my alimony. Since then, I have been reading and it seems to me that he did me a disearvace by not making sure that the alimony was permanent and because my husband earned his masters while we were married and my former home, from previous marriage was used to help pay for it. There are other things that should have been included that were not. Now I don't have enough to live on and my husband is out having affairs. Is there any recourse?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.

Are you asking about recourse against the attorney? If so, how long ago was the divorce?

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a legal separation. Can't divorce for a year. Is there anything that can be done to correct what the attorney did not cover?

If the separation agreement has already been filed, you can simply have the attorney submit a new consent judgment with the new terms.

Michael