Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I was married years, and filled divorce, I've been going

Customer Question

Hi, I was married for 2 years, and filled for a divorce, I've been going through a divorce now for 5 years, I live on a settlement, California state law says if you're living off of a settlement, inheritance, or government funding, you don't have to pay spousal support, also the California state law says if you've been married under 10 years, you only have to pay for half the term of the marriage, and I've been paying between $500.00 & $2200.00 a month, my attorney keeps explaining he's being town ruled, I need to know what to do, or who to call, no one seems to know.(###) ###-####
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Please tell me, the divorce is not final? And you're been paying this Temp support for 5 years? What are the remaining issues? And also is the spouse able to work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still paying support, and he's working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the divorce is NOT final.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an attorney, I don't know what the remaining issues are.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you. I suggest you need to have the Temporary support terminated. If it has been on going for 5 years and he's working, then talk to your attorney about the spousal support ending. Or find out what the game plan is to have it ended. There can be a temporary support ordered but once it is no longer needed then it ends.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done everything possible, I'm trying to find someone (attorney ) to face the judge and let him know what his doing is not by California laws. Thanks for your help, I'll keep looking.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you. The professionals on this site are precluded from representing customers of this site as per the Terms of Service. If you are looking for representation and not information, I suggest you use the CA Bar Association for a legal referral.

Thank you