Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

If my income has since my divorce was finalized, is my

Customer Question

If my income has since my divorce was finalized, is my ex-spouse now entitled to higher alimony payments?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

Not necessarily. The receiving ex spouse would need to show an increase in debts, a loss of other income and a need to substantiate an increase.

For instance, if the ex was supposed to acquire education or skill training to help them to get employment and the time allotted to do that has expired and they need more time and in the meantime, the rent has also increased, it is possible a court would raise the payments because your income has also increased.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you