Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

How do I file custody in stokes county, nc? My son went to

Customer Question

how do I file for emergency custody in stokes county, nc?
My son went to pick up his daughter today and her mother refused to tell him where she was. They do not have a custody agreement in writing.
This is not the first time she has done this.
Today he was able to find her and bring her home.
The fear is either she will go file based on a basket of lies in the morning because the mother is scorn, or worse, that next time he wont be able to find her.
We need to be able to at the clerks office, papers in hand, when they open in the morning.
We do not have money to hire an attorney.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this situation. And I am assuming the parents were never married. But your son is on the birth certificate, correct?

I suggest you should go to the clerk of the court in the county where the child has lived consistently for the last 6 months and request the packet of forms to file for custody. Ask the clerk if there can be an emergency hearing for temporary custody. Of course, your son needs to do this. You cannot do it for him. For there to be an emergency hearing, I suggest, your son should tell the clerk the child is being hidden from him and that it is affecting the child and not in the best interest of the child.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you