LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I have been going through a bitter divorce now years. The

Customer Question

I have been going through a nasty bitter divorce now for 7 years. The 1st trial ended in the Judge ruling not enough fault by her to award me a divorce. I was orderd to pay seperate maintenance. All attorneys I have spoken with have reviewd court documents agree I had sufficient grounds. Her attorney fees were told from her attorney to mine were going to be 10,000. In a matter of ten minutes back in the court room the Judge orders me to pay her fees that has doubled in 10 mins. I 3 years ago retained a new attorney to no avail the are still telling me the Judge and her attorney will not grant divorce due to no grounds. I have now requested through my attorney to just completely withdraw my divorce lawsuit as I am now near bankruptcy. My attorney just informed me that they will not allow me to withdraw my suit unless I pay her atty. Fees again of now 25,000. This can not be legal and appears to be extortion, blackmail etc. Her attorney represented the bank in which I have a loan with against my present house for a title issue from the previous owner during the last 8 months and in the middle of negotiating ridiculous divorce settlement offers. He even stated to my atty. He was crossing the line of conflict of interest. Again he charged the bank 10, 000. Which was of coarse applied to my loan.I live in a small town and even other attorneys have said they won't take a case in this county if they will go up against this attorney if in this same judge's courtroom. I am in desperate need of some help.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone researching this topic. I have no response yet . I am asking if this post has missed the connection somehow. My credit card has been charged that was required.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is your number one goal to get a divorce?

2. Do you have any minor children of the marriage?

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here.

Doug