Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My grandbaby was taken 8/23 by CPS my daughter went to court

Customer Question

My grandbaby was taken 8/23 by CPS my daughter went to court on 8/26. Judge stated child to be released immediately upon receiving restraining order against father. Restraining order was hand delivered to CPS on 8/27 as of today 9/01/2015 my grandbaby has not been brought home. Please help!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

Have you spoken to CPS? What do they say the hold up is, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CPS has not given us a reason . My daughter said a drug test would be taken on my grandbaby that was 8/28 then they said my daughter must take a drug test, which she did yesterday. Now they stated my daughter to have another drug test on 9/3 . My daughter is 5 mos pregnant she is clean and so is my grandbaby. My daughters boyfriend and grandbabys father smoked marijuana but they were not around him when he did.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Judge stated my grandbaby was having a difficult time adjusting. Why does CPS have the authority to do what they want ?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

I suggest your daughter should consider going to an independent clinic and have a drug test at the same time Now so that if they come back and say she was positive she will have evidence to the contrary at the same time. So if that is possible, I suggest she will want to consider that.

Also, the processing out (paperwork) from CPS is always more than when they take the child. I suggest if the child is not returned tomorrow as the court order instructs that she contact the Judge's law clerk and state what is going on and find out why CPS is not following the order. You can tell CPS that you will be doing that, if you want.

You can get the law clerk of the judge by calling the clerk of the court and asking to be put through to the Law Clerk for Judge whomever.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I do not participate in the phone calls offered by this site. But we can continue here. Thank you

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

If you received an invite to participate in a phone call, that is automatically generated by this site. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site, but we can continue here.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Samuel II I will take your advice I'll make phone call tomorrow once I know more later today. I will contact you again if necessary. Thank you very much for your help.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. CPS is so arrogant. Good luck with it all. Thanking you in advance for a positive rating.