Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My ex-wife and I have joint custody of our 10 year old

Customer Question

My ex-wife and I have joint custody of our 10 year old daughter in Oregon and have both recently moved into another school district in which we verbally agreed to enroll her, which I did. School in our new district begins on September 8th. My ex-wife, at the last minute, then decided to take her to her previous school, in the other district and enrolled her for the first day of school beginning Aygyst 27th. I received a call on Monday,, August 31st from our school district asking why they received a notice that she was enrolled in another school. What are my rights as my ex has now filed for full custody as of Monday, August 31st?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What are you rights for - what? The custody issue? Or the school choice issue? What exactly are you asking, please?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.