Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

I'm working on online divorce questionnaires at complete

Customer Question

Hi
I'm working on online divorce questionnaires at complete case.com, and ran into a section where I must write down the monthly child support amount. I was told to review the state law before answering this specific question.
What is the New Jersey state monthly minimum child support amount?
For your information,my monthly income is $1,000 and I also have additional monthly cash income of approximately $1,500.
I look forward to your quick reply.
Thank you.
Jin
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

The minimum support award is $5 a week if the person earns under $180 per week, but it is discretionary up to $50 per week.

.

The courts use a formula to calculate what the support amount should be that is based primarily on the division of custodial time and the respective incomes of the parents.

.

This is a link to a NJ Child Support Calculator you can plug in your respective financial info to get a very close approximation of what the court will order:

.

http://quickguide.njchildsupport.org/

.

And another one just to check the first one:

.

http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/childsupport/new_jersey

.

.

thanks