ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I was recently divorced and my ex husband pays $400 / week

Customer Question

I was recently divorced and my ex husband pays $400 / week for both children for child support. My ex is now stating that the child support should also cover my daughter's car payment / insurance. (It is not specifically called out in the MSA). He also stated that college expenses and my daughter's summer camp should be part of child support.
please advise if he is still liable to pay 50% of my daughter's car payment, college expenses, and summer camp if we both agreed that all of the above are required.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Can you tell me what state this is in, and what (if anything) the marital settlement agreement and/or written court order says in regards ***** ***** obligations?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
new Jersey. In the MSA, it includes child support of $400 / week. It calls out that college costs will be split. it doesn't mention anything about the car payments or summer camp.

Was there any statements or communications between both of you prior to the MSA being signed that indicates that he would pay these things?

Were there any statements or communications between both of you prior to the MSA being signed that indicates that he would pay these things?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you have evidence of those (that is, any emails, texts, etc...) or were they all verbal? If verbal, were there any witnesses to those statements?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would like to abandon this inquiry -- i paid the $5 but don't agree to pay the $47 remaining. thank you

Okay.