FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My new husband continues to put s energy towards online porn

Customer Question

My new husband continues to put his sexual energy towards online porn and sites such as chaturbate while I feel lucky to have any physical attention..I'm a beautiful ,educated and kind woman... he won't get counseling and just makes increased effort to
conceal. I put down over $50k but my name is ***** ***** the house note.. counseling online has advised that the future doesn't look positive for the marriage.. how should I proceed?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Even though you are not on the note, are you on title? Was the home purchased during the course of the marriage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. About 9 months prior...had to submit addendum stating it would be my primary residence.. we have been married 6 months

So the home was purchased prior to the marriage and the title/deed in solely in his name and you put down 50k as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had been through some serious illness and the medical debt hurt my credit

The situation with the home is going to be tough. I say this because there is nothing in writing to evidence an ownership interest on your part and since the home was bought prior to the marriage and solely held in his name, it may not be something which the court will consider a martial asset. While you gave him $50,000, the court may see this as a gift or something you voluntarily did. Now, you can try and claim a percentage of the increased value of the home, since you married, based upon your contributions. Ideally, if you divorced, he would agree to give you the home or sell it and give you your 50k back and share the equity but if not, it may be hard to recover.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is continued online infidelity a sound reason as well as abusive treatment associated with alcohol abuse reason for divorce?

Yes, you do have grounds and a basis to file. I do not think that would be an issue at all and you are not forced to stay married to this man

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!