TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

An attorney in the state of texas is having an affair with

Customer Question

an attorney in the state of texas is having an affair with my wife what can i do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. I am so sorry to hear about the situation with your wife. What would you like to do about this situation? Do you questions about a divorce?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir my issue with my wife is settled. I want advice on how to and if I can file a misconduct or behavioral grievance against this animal
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.

Unfortunately, while the attorney's behavior is certainly immoral, it is not something that the State Bar would get involved with because it does not impact the attorney's practice of law. The adultery does not constitute a violation of the rules of professional conduct, unless he was your attorney when the adultery took place.

If the attorney was acting as your attorney when the adultery to place, then you likely do have a viable complaint against the attorney. You can file a grievance by following the instructions here:

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Problems_with_an_Attorney&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=23739

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You are quite welcome. I certainly wish you the best in dealing with this awful situation.