Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

I want to know what rights I have as a grandparent can she

Customer Question

I want to know what rights I have as a grandparent can she make it so I can not see my grandson
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I have reviewed your the facts of your situation. I suggest that if the Father is allowing you visits on his time and that is not sufficient, you should consider filing for Grandparent visitation rights. She can respond in opposition. But if you can show that not being with your grandson is detrimental to him and that you have already formed a loving and bonding relationship, then a court is going to take that into consideration for granting you visitation time of your own.

The only way that she would be able to keep you from seeing the child when visiting with the Father is if she were to obtain a restraining order against you to keep you from the child. To do that she would need to have evidence that you are abusive or negligent or just simply unfit.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know, if you have other questions in this regard. Thank you