Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Ely, My sister who is going through a difficult divorce due

Customer Question

Hi Ely,
My sister who is going through a difficult divorce due to husband not paying maintenance and being very difficult, she is disabled with MS, in a wheelchair, lives with me & husband, receives only SSDI, and now received an inheritance from our deceased mother's house sale. Does she have to show this on her financial statement?
I'm hoping she will want to(at some time) put this into a medical trust account for her future medical needs.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Does she have to show this in her financial statement - financial statement for what, exactly? What procedure or what as part of the application is the financial statement for?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.