Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
45002201

What is the fees appeal in ny?

Customer Question

What is the fees for matrimony appeal in ny?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

There is no one answer to your question. The cost of an appeal can vary a great deal depending on how many issues there are to appeal, how extensive the record in the lower court is, and just the difference between attorneys. That said, appeals require special skills and are generally very time consuming. You can expect to spend a mimum of $3500, but up to in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Issue is one, maintenance that this new judge who is now to matrimonio denyed. Time consuming? How? I heard just one appeal to court. My lawyer recommend ded this appeal lawyer who asked $20,000.

Appeals are time consuming because they require the attorney to read the entire transcript from the trial, research the issues and then write a 15+ page brief about it. Just getting a copy of the record can be expensive since it requires the court reporter to make an official transcript, which can cost thousands of dollars. Again, it also depends a great deal on the individual attorney, so you could possibly find one that's less expensive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is important how many years of experience? How to find good one?

Yes, experience if important. I would suggest that you use www.martindale.com. There, you can search for an attorney by location and they also rate lawyers.