LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

Can I file divorce online?

Customer Question

Can I file for a divorce online?
Submitted: 1 year ago via LawDepot.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, it is possible to file a complaint for divorce electronically under present NY laws. However, you must complete a registration process and jump though a number of hoops before you can actually do this. This is primarily a tool for attorneys who file multiple lawsuits on a regular basis.

Here is a link to the electronic filing system in NY. Note than not all counties, and all courts in those counties accept all types of electronic filings. https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/HomePage

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug