How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37081
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help with my 13 year old son that I have not seen or

Customer Question

I need help with my 13 year old son that I have not seen or talked with almost 2 years . Mother testified in court son does not want to see me for reasons that I must of caused from some of his questions and my answers . AS well of my depression and P.T.S.D.
from 2 open hart surgeries in 9 years . (trauma ). F.C judge stipulated counseling for him and I , that mother has denied him and I to the courts disappointment .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. When was the last court appearance?

2. Are you saying that the mother is refusing to allow your son to go to counseling?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just went to court on Monday and the stipulation from the judge is we must start counseling now so no she has not denied me canceling since the court stipulated it she has denied it over the past two years of her and I in a visitation dispute.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what I really need is a therapist in my area Newark Delaware 19713
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.


Well it is great that the judge ordered therapy. Your ex will have to allow you to get the therapy with your son and when that is going well, you will find that the judge will also issue orders granting you visitation so that you can return to the job of helping to raise your son.

Here is a link to Marriage and family therapists in the Newark area:

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,


Related Family Law Questions