LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

My wife and I have been separate many years our children are

Customer Question

My wife and I have been separate for many many years our children are over 18 I always gave money threw western union ANY time they called and needed money. After many years she filed child support and I kept paying through western union our youngest child is over 20 now and for some reason the child support office has put a lean on my bank account and stopped my SSI checks I have no job and no income the MHMR suicide hotline told me "sorry sir we can't help you today please come to our clinic in 2 days" my question to you is. What can I do and can you help me.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that you always paid your child support through Western Union, and now your ex is claiming that you did not pay support?

2. Have you ever been to court because your ex claimed that you were not paying support?

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here.

Thanks in advance,

Doug