Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I have a question on family law, I am going through a

Customer Question

hello, I have a question on family law, I am going through a divorce, during the separation I disabled my Ex's iPhone with my iTunes account because she was deleting my work appointment, long story short, I had charges pressed against me for domestic violence tampering, I took a deferred sentence and am required to pay her 2000.00 in restitution because of her having to open up a new cell account when her phone was disabled. During the divorce, can I ask for the money i must pay in restitution in that case because it would have had to be an expense she occurred on her own since she was on my mothers cell phone plan?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the order was from another court, you cannot get the court hearing the divorce to change that court order I am afraid. You can ask the divorce court to order your ex to pay for service used while you were separate and she was using your phone plan, but you would not be able to ask to recover the fine you paid for cutting her phone off without a court order for her abuse of your account.