My wife at age 70 and living with my daughter wants a divorce
. It seems illogical
• She has access to the retirement fund, MetLife, through me and really has not used it.
• Also it has a death benefit, where she is the beneficiary.
• If Claudia passes away before I do, then the house would go to John.
• Misc. Inheritances etc.
• House which John would eventually be able to move into upon my demise,
• Watch worth about 25,000 would go to Sylas at a certain age
• Gold nugget bracelet to remain in Claudia’s custody
• The Computer
• Everything else in the house.
• Enjoy the access to my SSDI
• I would continue to stay in the house.
• I offered with many hour of counseling, she could move into one of the rooms.
• John would not be able to do so.
• Amanda would not be allowed in my house.
• My income will as usual pay for her car.
With a divorce
• MetLife I would make sure that the judge make the decision on the percentages. I, will by law, combine both, then he would be able to balance out the award. Possibly awarding me the house and possible I would get a lesser portion of MetLife
• The inheritance of the house if awarded to me would go to Claudia and eventually to John.
• Upon my demise after Claudia, the house would go to John
Claudia thinks that it is a separate item, thus divided equally, which can be combined with MetLife as a package and the Judge would divide the assets accordingly. He would take into account that I would not have sufficient funds to continue renting an apartment.
With my portion of MetLife, I would change the inheritance to my sister’s grandchildren.
• The watch, I would sell it and take half. Thus Sylas would not have it.
• The nugget bracelet I would also sell it.
• The furniture would also be split and I would get ½ the value
• I would retain the SSDI
• The PC I would retain and buy a laptop as she requested.
• To date expense total 450 dollars.
• She will need to continue paying for her car.