How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steven K. Your Own Question
Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2363
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Steven K. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband file and he paid the lawyer with our credit card.

Customer Question

My husband file for divorce and he paid the lawyer with our credit card . He also has a credit card under his name that is max. Did I have to paid half of this .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.

The debt associated with his attorney fees should be assigned to him as his separate property. But credit card debt he incurred during the marriage would be community property and each party would be responsible for one half of the debt.

Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any other questions.