Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

My 14 year old son doesnt want to go to s dad's on scheduled

Customer Question

My 14 year old son doesnt want to go to his dad's on scheduled visits. Also refuses to talk , txt, or email with him. We have generic custody agreement. What do I do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Unfortunately, you would need to go before the court to modify visitation. Until that happens you and he are legally required to comply. Your son is right on the edge of the age at which the court will entertain and give some weight to the child's preferences, but until the order is actually modified it must be complied with.
I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive.  Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part.   As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.
Best regards.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?