FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

In joint custody battles, do courts tend to favor the mother

Customer Question

In joint custody battles, do courts tend to favor the mother over the father?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. No, the Judge should not give a preference to a mother over a father, unless the children are of a very young age and specifically need the care of the mother. The Judge is supposed to act in the best interest of the child(ren), so the Judge will hear evidence presented by both parties, when deciding on who to award custody to. The Judge may very easily find that custody should be shared, if necessary.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!