FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I'm going through a divorce, my dad and soon to ex made an

Customer Question

I'm going through a divorce, my dad and soon to b ex made an agreement to buy him out of house. Have quit claim deed, signed and notarized papers that he signed. My dad paid another 100,000 to make loan more manageable. Ex knew his name couldn't be removed from loan tell divorce decree. So my dad paid it all off, total of 243,000. Ex is now going after house.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Was this agreement reduced to writing? If so and your father bought him out, why does he think he can go after and make a claim to the home? Also, you said your Ex already signed a quit claim deed and transferred the home into your name?